13 Mart 2015 Cuma

About Collaboration

         Apart from in educational purposes, collaboration has a vital impact upon our lifes. There is a statement that I LOVE in this life, "Sharing is caring." I dont know about the majority of the people but I love sharing my ideas, thoughts , past experiences to someone and helping them. This is like a double-edged blade but not a sharper one that hurts the both sides, on the contrary its beneficial to the both sides because in terms of collaboration  you help someone and you get help in return. In my classes at METU NCC my educaters loves collaboration and giving us tasks that leading us think that makes one, collaboration makes you think and brainstorming and for me the most important thing about those tasks are sharing our ideas and help each others out and I learned a LOT of things from those group collaboration tasks. In the terms of collaboration my strenghts are I love talking, sharing my ideas and LEARNING THINGS while listening their thougts and ideas and we can correct each others mistakes which means we're filling each others inadequate parts. My weaknesses are I cannot adapt every atmosphere, if I like the people that I'm collaborating with I'm a collaboration machine but when it comes to negative groups, people I'm hesitating to express myself and being a shy person. My other weak part is that I'm impatient. I can develop my collaborating skills by collaborating more I think. The best way is practice and keeping in touch with people. I think in the classroom the worst thing is losing the attention, I think that occurs when your students get bored. I will start transfering my collaboration skills with arranging sociable environment in class.

Collaboration pushes teachers to think more !

4 yorum:

  1. Bu yorum yazar tarafından silindi.

    YanıtlaSil
  2. Hi Sefacan, I'm glad to hear that you like sharing your ideas and past experiences because we will be teachers and collaboration should be part of our life. Also, collaboration is not beneficial for one person. While you share your ideas, both you express yourself and discover others’ point of view. In addition, in the process of collaboration you comment on the topic and see others’ opinions. This helps you think in more generally and deeply. While working with people, of course you have some missing parts and others will complete you in a gentle way and you can do the same thing to others. I agree with you the atmosphere. You will be more willing and enthusiastic if the people around you are not arrogant and selfish. Your last point summarizes your ideas; 'I can develop my collaboration skills by collaborating more.’ Practice makes perfect :)

    YanıtlaSil
  3. Hey Irem, first I want to say I admired your strong points in terms of collaboration, being a disciplined person is a really hard and a thing that I can't do. We are sharing two different ideas which means I'm very glad to see a person who shares the same ideas with me. The first iidea is you like the "Collaboration pushes teacher to think more" notion. so do I ! And the second one is you mentioned that we can develop our collaborative skills by practice so do I ! "With practice comes strenght!" Thank you for your post.

    YanıtlaSil
  4. I am agree the point that sharing ideas is beneficial for the both sides. This improves collaboration skills among the sides. Especially fot teachers collaboration caries much more meaning, but some teachers are not willing to work collaboratively. In order to increase cooperation what we should do is the important question to think about it.

    YanıtlaSil